- 2018.11 – Now: Visiting Faculty Researcher, Google New York.
- 2018.5 – Now: Researcher, Knowledge and Information Research Team, AI Research Center, AIST, Japan.
- 2014.4 – 2018.3: Research Assistant Professor, Communication Science Laboratory, Graduate School of Information Sciences, Tohoku University, Japan.
- 2012.4 – 2014.3: Project Researcher, Research Center for Community Knowledge, National Institute of Informatics, Japan.
- PhD, Graduate School of Mathematical Sciences, The University of Tokyo, Japan. 2012
- Ryo Takahashi, Ran Tian, Kentaro Inui; Interpretable and Compositional Relation Learning by Joint Training with an Autoencoder; (paper) (code)
- Ran Tian, Naoaki Okazaki, Kentaro Inui; The Mechanism of Additive Composition; Machine Learning; 2017 (paper)
- Shuangshuang Zhou, Koji Matsuda, Ran Tian, Naoaki Okazaki and Kentaro Inui; A Pipeline Japanese Entity Linking System with Embedding Features; PACLIC 2016. (paper)
- Ran Tian, Naoaki Okazaki, Kentaro Inui; Learning Semantically and Additively Compositional Distributional Representations; ACL 2016. (paper) (code)
- Sosuke Kobayashi, Ran Tian, Naoaki Okazaki, Kentaro Inui; Dynamic Entity Representation with Max-pooling Improves Machine Reading; NAACL 2016. (paper) (code)
- Corentin Dumont, Ran Tian, Kentaro Inui; Question-Answering with Logic Specific to Video Games; LREC 2016. (paper) (data)
- Hiroya Komatsu, Ran Tian, Naoaki Okazaki, Kentaro Inui; Reducing Lexical Features in Parsing by Word Embeddings; PACLIC 2015. (paper) Best Paper Award
- Yubing Dong, Ran Tian, Yusuke Miyao; Encoding Generalized Quantifiers in Dependency-based Compositional Semantics; PACLIC 2014. (paper) (code)
- Ran Tian, Yusuke Miyao, Takuya Matsuzaki; Efficient Logical Inference for Semantic Processing; ACL 2014 Workshop on Semantic Parsing (SP14). (paper)
- Ran Tian, Yusuke Miyao, Takuya Matsuzaki; Logical Inference on Dependency-based Compositional Semantics; ACL 2014. (paper) (code)
- Ran TIAN; The explicit calculation of Cech cohomology and an extension of Davenport’s inequality; Quart. J. Math. Oxford 2012. (paper)
- Ran TIAN; The mathematical solution of a cellular automaton model which simulates traffic flow with a slow-to-start effect; Discrete Appl. Math. 2009. (paper)
Program committee member (reviewer) for ACL2015, LREC2016, ACL2016, IJCNLP2017, LREC2018, IJCAI2018, ACL2018, EMNLP2018, AAAI2019, NAACL2019, IJCAI2019, ACL2019